Monday, July 11, 2022, 2:38 p.m
The gastronomy of Greece makes tourists return every year to restaurants where they have tasted the recipes that delight their taste buds, and Romanians who cannot wait until the next vacation try to prepare them at home .
Meat pies and tomatoes are not missing from the table of a Romanian woman after she wrote them for the first time on the island of Elafonissos.
“We ate these meatballs for the first time on the island of Elafonissos and we liked them to the extent that we go to the same restaurant every day for these delicious meats,” the woman wrote on mancare-greecasca. eu.
She shared the recipe on her blog, it’s a quick and delicious meal.
- 5 soft tomatoes – 850 g
- 1 cup grated kefalotiri / Parmesan type hard cheese
- 2 small red onions
- 2 green onions
- salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, fresh basil
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon powder
- oil for frying
6 easy steps
1. Put the tomatoes in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, until the skin starts to crack, so that it is easy to clean.
2. Finely chop the tomatoes and onions. Finely slice the green onion. Put them in a bowl.
3. Mix well and leave to macerate for 10 minutes. The acid in the tomatoes will soften the onions and help them cook faster.
4. In tomatoes and onions, add salt, pepper, grated cheese, eggs, basil, oregano and thyme, flour, baking powder and mix well. The result will be a soft mixture, runny, like pancakes.
5. Take the mixture with a spoon and put it in the pan, there is no need to stir the mixture. The meatballs form themselves.
6. Dry the meat and turn them with two spatulas. They are taken when they catch the color on both sides.